Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are due date notifications unreliable for anyone else?

Stewart Elliott October 3, 2019

I'm using Trello to manage a social media account as part of a team and due date notifications are just awful. I am following all the guidelines for receiving notifications (due date set, member / watcher of card etc) but the notifications only come through sometimes.

I have the situation where I have cards that are identically set up in terms me being a member and one of them sends a notification when it's due and another doesn't (no notification either on the android app or web interface). The behaviour is totally inconsistent.

Sometimes when notifications do come through they're up to half an hour late. Is this a known issue?

This is very poor and is making me consider switching to another app.

3 answers

0 votes
stew.elliott October 7, 2019

Thanks for the responses all, to address a couple of points

- Notification settings were set to not send emails

- The cards weren't always due at the same time, so I don't think nesting was the issue

That said with this issue persisting for more than a week, it has now seemed to revert to more or less normal, with notifications arriving within a minute of when I would expect, so not really sure what was going on. 

0 votes
Harold Wong October 4, 2019

If they are due at the same time perhaps the alerts were nested?

0 votes
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2019

I haven't had this issue. Have you tried checking your notification settings within Trello? You can also set up notifications to go to your email inbox, that way you'll get some sort of alert even if you're not inside the Trello App.

Also, are you using the Trello Desktop app? That's probably the easiest way to ensure you're getting all the in app notifications. I use Trello in my browser and if I don't have Trello up, I won't see the notification to my board. (It still goes there, and I have a red dot next to notifications when I open up that board, but it can't supercede outside my browser if I don't have it up. I believe the desktop app resolves that issue though.)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events