Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are all my boards public when using this community?

Joy Kennelly July 22, 2020

Hi, I'm not into sharing personal information and it appears this trello system does that without my knowledge. Am I wrong? How do I turn it private? Also, why did I get added to Atlassian automatically when I'm part of Trello. I invited my client to join Trello and wonder if he sees my boards also that are supposed to be personal? Please advise. Kinda not happy over this invasion of privacy and only want me to see my boards, not anyone...

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 22, 2020

Hi @Joy Kennelly 

Welcome to the Community!

Trello is owned by Atlassian, along with a suite of other apps, so you have an Atlassian account for that reason. The Atlassian Community (this page) needs an Atlassian account to be able to ask and answer questions, so it makes sense to have 1 account, rather than 2. Because the suite can all be linked together (Trello, Confluence, Jira, BitBucket), it makes more sense to have 1 login for all of them so that they can be used effectively together.

If your boards are set to private, no one can see them but you.

If you want to check this out, the top of all your personal boards, it should look like this:

Screenshot 2020-07-22 at 09.00.04.png

So the board title is 'Random Board Title' the board is in my personal account - because it says 'personal' and it's 'private' with a little lock against it, because no one else can see it.

If you have a team, then this is what the top of the board will look like if it's shared:

Screenshot 2020-07-22 at 09.01.46.pngThis example is a free team (shared with my family).

And if you have Business Class, this is what the top looks like for a private board within the team: 

Screenshot 2020-07-22 at 09.02.54.png

It is not possible to invite someone to a personal board. This is a recent change, but Trello now requires you to create a team (free or otherwise) when you want to share a board with someone. So all your boards are totally private unless you make them available to other people (and you have to create a team in order to do so).

Hope that helps!

Esme :)

Joy Kennelly July 24, 2020

Oh thank you. What a relief! I think I had a weird person add themselves to one of my client's boards and had to remove them. I have been getting hacked lately so... Thank you!
JOY

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events