Are Card Descriptions no longer editable?

Veronica Guzzardi June 18, 2022

Hi there!

I don't know when this changed— I stopped using Trello a little while ago and came back— but if I need to edit a card description...I can't. 

Used to be, you write a description on a card, save it, re-read the four-and-a-half-thousand typos, click edit, and fix all of them. Or create a card with a description, come back and add more detail or nuance when the client gets back to you.

Now, when I write a description and save it, if I hit edit, my existing text is gone and I have a blank box. If I save, my original text is gone. If I try to highlight my text so I can copy it it, it opens the blank editor.

This seems...less useful. How can I edit my descriptions while preserving the existing text?

3 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Maria
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 21, 2022

Hi @Veronica Guzzardi

The Planyway extension for Chrome was indeed interfering incorrectly with the Trello's card description since recently. We've submitted the updated version with the fix to the Chrome Store, and it's currently under Google review. 

Hopefully, the fix will be available starting from tomorrow. If needed, you can access Planyway as the Power-Up, or the web app in the meantime.

As soon as the extension is refreshed, I'll let you know. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.

Veronica Guzzardi June 21, 2022

Hi Tania,

That's great to know, thanks for looking into it!

Like Maria likes this
Maria
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 21, 2022

@Veronica Guzzardi, the Planyway extension for Chrome has been reviewed by Google and submitted to the Chrome Store. Please check if the issue's resolved for you.

P.S. You can re-install the extension if it was removed, otherwise, the page refresh would suffice.

Like Veronica Guzzardi likes this
2 votes
Answer accepted
MarcusEllis __
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 18, 2022

Hi Veronica,

You definitely should be able to edit the card description, provided you are a member of the board, which sounds like you are. So this sounds like a bug. We've been making some improvements to the card description recently and you may have discovered an issue there.

If you wouldn't mind opening a Support ticket at https://trello.com/contact and providing some more details, we'll look into it ASAP.

Thanks!

MarcusEllis __
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 19, 2022

Hi Veronica, 

I wanted to let you know that we've had a few other reports of this issue and the common thread between those reports is all of those users are also using the Planyway power-up and/or Chrome extension.

If you have that Chrome extension installed, you might try disabling that temporarily to see if that fixes the issue.

Some users have also reported that enabling our new Rich Text Editor for card descriptions also solves the issue. You can opt in to that feature by navigating to https://trello.com/my/labs and enabling it there.

Please let us know if either of these solutions help.

Thanks again!

Like Veronica Guzzardi likes this
Veronica Guzzardi June 20, 2022

Thank you, Marcus, That was exactly it. I disabled the Planyway Chrome extension and reloaded trello, and now the Description is behaving as normal. 

Like MarcusEllis __ likes this
0 votes
Henrique Caponi June 21, 2022

I have the same problem. I disabled the extension and the edit function worked again. Let's wait for the fix. Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events