Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive or Done?

Nebojsa Damjanovich February 10, 2019

When I finished a task I'm moving it to "Done" list. After a while Done list is too long so I'm archiving done tasks. Is there a better way of doing this?

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2019

Hi @Nebojsa Damjanovich when I first started using Trello I also had a Done list, but also noticed that it became so large so I also started archiving my done items.

If you do want to look back on all your done posts, for example if you wanted a location to show your team or Direct reports your progress in one glance you could create a Done board and create monthly (or quarterly) lists (eg. January to December). Each time you complete a task you can move it to your Done board, under the month you completed it. Then the done file is out of your daily lists, but you could go to your Done board whenever you want to see you progress organized based on which quarter or month you completed it.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Jodi

Nebojsa Damjanovich February 10, 2019

OK, thanks! This will help to track my team productivity. You are right, there is no need for Done list, I'll archive the cards immediately!

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2019

Perfect thanks @Nebojsa Damjanovich :)

Have a great day!

Jodi

Like Nebojsa Damjanovich likes this
Irene Yeong June 21, 2019

HI Jodi, how do you archive the done items? Thanks.

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 21, 2019

Hi @Irene Yeong if you have a Done list you would click on the right hand corner of the list and click the three dots. A menu would open and you could choose archive all cards in list. 

Thanks,

Jodi

1 vote
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2019

@Nebojsa Damjanovich I use a similar strategy to @Jodi LeBlanc in that I have a "done board" but what I do is just periodically move my Done list into a separate board, that saves time moving individual cards. I rename the list with the date I moved it, eg. "Done 23/8/2018"

Nebojsa Damjanovich February 12, 2019

Thanks @Iain Dooley! I'll do this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events