Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive cards

milene.langeslag July 14, 2020

When I archive a card and this card has an item link in a different card I would like that this item als automatically will be archived. Is there a possibility?

2 answers

1 vote
Felix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 14, 2020

Let me rephrase your question to make sure I understand: You want to create a rule in Trello that runs when you archive any card. If the card you are archiving contains a link to another card, archive that card too.

For example:

1. Card A has a link to Card B
  2. Archiving A should also archive B

Is that right?

If so, you can create a Butler rule to do this like:

Screen Shot 2020-07-14 at 9.48.34 AM.png

Vongsawat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2020

Its a niche issue, but you might want to add a Archiving label before the Archive the card command, then remove it afterwards. And make the Trigger only check for When a card is archived without a Archiving label.

As it'll be self-recursive otherwise. Either chaining through all the child attachments at worst, or just triggering (to no effect) an extra time for each attachment, which will eat in to command runs. Even if nothing happens, in my experience recursion can lag out the command for a bit while Butler tries to figure out wth you've done :P

Like Iain Dooley likes this
milene.langeslag July 15, 2020

Hi Felix, my question is a bit different. I don't have two cards but I have only one card and a link in the checklist of a different card. What I want is that when I archive the card, the link in the checklist also disappears. 

0 votes
Vongsawat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 16, 2020

I'm going to call the card with the checklist Card A, and the linked card as Card B.

If you want it so that when Card B is archived, to remove its link from the checklist in Card A. It helps a lot if you already know which card is Card A. So if Card B was a linked item, with an attachment on it, all you'd have to do would be:

When Card B is archived, For each card linked in the attachments, Remove item {triggercardlink} from checklist ChecklistName.

If you only know that it'd be in a certain List (or some other filter-able condition), you'd have to Collect all of the cards in that list in to a temporary checklist as links (not linked items!), then For each card linked from an item, try removing the triggercardlink like above.

milene.langeslag July 16, 2020

It worked, thank you for your help! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events