Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive cards prior to specific due date

gary_shea December 17, 2021

Hello,

I would like to find a way to archive trello cards that have a due date prior to some date in the past. E.g I would like to archive all cards with due dates greater than 3 months ago.

Trello is incredibly laggy and this is something I am trying to do to decrease the number of cards on our board.

Thanks!

2 answers

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 19, 2021

Hi @gary_shea when archiving a card, the card is still within the same board; it's just sort of "hidden". I'm not sure archiving cards will resolve the slowness. I'd recommend creating a separate board called "Archives" and moving old cards to this archive board instead.  You can create schedule commands so that butler auto-moves them on a regular basis. For example: "Every Friday at 6 pm, move all cards more than 90 days in list "Complete" to list "Complete" on board "Archives". You may be able to organize this archive board in a logical way so you can use it for reporting as well. For example, using variables to auto-move cards to lists Done Q1, Done Q2, Done Q3, Done Q4.

0 votes
David Bakkers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2021

Hello @gary_shea 

Why don't you just write a Butler command to do it?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events