Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Archive cards prior to specific due date

Hello,

I would like to find a way to archive trello cards that have a due date prior to some date in the past. E.g I would like to archive all cards with due dates greater than 3 months ago.

Trello is incredibly laggy and this is something I am trying to do to decrease the number of cards on our board.

Thanks!

2 answers

Hi @gary_shea when archiving a card, the card is still within the same board; it's just sort of "hidden". I'm not sure archiving cards will resolve the slowness. I'd recommend creating a separate board called "Archives" and moving old cards to this archive board instead.  You can create schedule commands so that butler auto-moves them on a regular basis. For example: "Every Friday at 6 pm, move all cards more than 90 days in list "Complete" to list "Complete" on board "Archives". You may be able to organize this archive board in a logical way so you can use it for reporting as well. For example, using variables to auto-move cards to lists Done Q1, Done Q2, Done Q3, Done Q4.

Hello @gary_shea 

Why don't you just write a Butler command to do it?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: New years' resolutions with Trello

Congratulations to @Laura Holton , our latest winner of Taco Tuesday! And thanks to @Kristjan Geir Mathiesen - Origo for sharing the picture of Taco having fun with his new friend...

532 views 19 20
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you