Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Anyone can recall with Copy a card using Automation - were the item statuses replicated to the copy?

I just observed that the checklist check statuses were not replicated? Can anyone recall this was not the case previously?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley Community Leader Sep 24, 2021

@milynnus nope the checklist state has always been reset when you do a card copy. If you want to update the state on a card copy you have to automate it.

Is there a way for each checklist item status to remain the same as on the original card. I am using a Board Button and see the option to check all checklist items, but I need the checklist items to keep their current status.

Also and more importantly, when I copy a card it resets all my due dates to incomplete. Is there a way to have them keep their status also? As a work-around I would be willing to not have the dates copy over at all.

Iain Dooley Community Leader Oct 05, 2021

@Jill Young there isn't anything built in that will let you copy a card and maintain its state but that's a relatively simple API automation that could be done using our BenkoBot platform:

http://www.benkobot.com/

If you wanted to still use a button, you could have the button add a label then use that as the trigger for your BenkoBot listener, something like:

https://gist.github.com/iaindooley/310565840a9b38c6aaf853be3cb7b034

If you're not a coder we can put you in touch with a vetted dev to help you set it all up.

@Jill Young 

Following the reply from @Iain Dooley , I when back add code that allows for status, assigned, due dates to be replicated across .

Thank you @Iain Dooley for your prompt response. I am not a coder so this is all new to me, although I believe I can understand coding if I have an opportunity to learn and use. 

Thank you @milynnus for your quick action also. I appreciate you jumping in to help. Although, maybe since I'm not a coder, I do not understand or find what change you made.

Could one of you please explain?

Thanks so much!!

@Jill Young 

Effectively, in the part of the code that I needed to copy the card with item statuses, assignment and due dates brought across, I was able to get the check statuses over to the copied card.

Iain Dooley Community Leader Oct 06, 2021

@Jill Young well, you can see a "crash course" and some examples on how to use BenkoBot on our community board :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: New years' resolutions with Trello

Congratulations to @Laura Holton , our latest winner of Taco Tuesday! And thanks to @Kristján Geir Mathiesen for sharing the picture of Taco having fun with his new friend  B...

2,392 views 28 41
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you