Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any updates on butler power-up?

Gamegenorator August 13, 2019

As you probably know, Trello purchased Butler (And Trello Power-up) a few months ago, they say they're working on improvements and an overhaul to some other things about it, as of now though it just says this:Annotation 2019-08-13 103639.jpg

Have we heard anything more about this or when Butler may full come back up? Thanks

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Katrin Anger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2019

@Gamegenorator @carrie_eandm 

I think what you are actually asking for is whether the Butler Power-Up is being developed into something that matches the capabilities of what the ButlerBot was able to do.

It is now almost 6 month that the Butler Power-Up is available for everyone to use, and I am sorry that I have to say it like this, but there hasn't been much advancement since then.

Whilst there is no official communication about where the Power-Up is heading to, I think we have to consider the possibility that the Butler Power-Up's features will never be what we used to know from the ButlerBot. - For me, it's a disappointment.

Gamegenorator August 14, 2019

ok, that makes a little more sense, but thank you for telling me, it is sad to see it not go anywhere after taking them over like that :(

carrie_eandm
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2019

Ah, I get it now. I'm part of that middle-ground still grandfathered in with the old bot and also using the new Power-Up. We've migrated a lot over to the Power-up, but still have some lingering Bot-related commands.

1 vote
Answer accepted
carrie_eandm
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 13, 2019

@Gamegenorator The Butler Bot and the Butler Power-Up are separate items. As of earlier this year, the Butler Bot was discontinued. You can now enable the Butler Power-Up which has been released.

To activate the Butler Power-Up:

1. Go to your Trello board
  2. Click on `Show Menu` in the upper right corner of the board
  3. Click on `Power-Ups`
  4. Search for "Butler"
  5. Click `Add` when the Power-Up appears.

Here's the Trello Blog Announcement and a direct link to the Power-Up as well!

Gamegenorator August 14, 2019

Understood, Thank you

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events