Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All my automations are gone. Buttons and Rules in boards shared with clients..

Entrepositive August 26, 2021

This is going to be disastrous if Trello nuked my automations. I have automation buttons and rules that simply disappeared overnight, and boards implementing Custom Fields as well.

We were all aware of the Workspace change that was coming but NOTHING like this. And seemingly no way to prepare. I manage teams in different time zones, across several projects and multiple clients. Aside from the embarrassment this causes my company when a tool just stops working, I'm looking at hundreds of hours into developing the automations and custom fields that vanished.

Is this all really gone? Just deleted? Is it recoverable?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Garrett
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 26, 2021

Hey @Entrepositive 

I took a closer look at your account, and I'm pretty sure you're currently logged into a different one than what you're expecting. I see another very similarly-named account that has a lot of Butler commands created and I'll bet those are what you're looking for.

Can you double check what account you're logged in with currently (https://trello.com/me), and try accessing any other accounts using other email addresses you have?

If you still have trouble, send us a message over at https://trello.com/contact and we can talk more!

Hey @Garrett ,

Thanks for reaching out. Yes I have other accounts for various purposes. But, the change that went into effect this week erased all automation buttons from the account that created them, which are now no longer available to others invited to the boards, or any of my other Trello accts. Team processes are interrupted, client processes are interrupted.

The other account you're probably finding is my personal Trello acct, that I use to set up a lot of automations including card buttons, which can then be shared appropriately with boards. Much of this has been experimental on my personal acct as I learn automations, how to work with useful integrations, etc. Finalized solutions will be implemented on this account (Entrepositive) with potentially a more sophisticated, paid service. But there is zero chance of continuing to use Trello if we have to fear our labor will disappear overnight.

Most importantly: Can these lost automation buttons, missing Custom Fields (and possibly other items I have not discovered yet..) be restored? Or are they now gone forever?

I'm happy to chat or get on the phone for this too, if that's preferred.

Thanks!

Christian Alfred D. Ligones August 27, 2021

☺️☺️☺️😊

Garrett
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 27, 2021

Thanks @Entrepositive 

I see the ticket you submitted to us, so let's keep the conversation going there, and we'll do some more digging into this with you!

Like Entrepositive likes this
Entrepositive August 27, 2021

Alright @Garrett thank you. I haven't noticed anything here or in my email yet, so I'm standing by.

Garrett
Atlassian Team
August 27, 2021

Hm, I sent a couple responses to you. Hopefully those aren't being blocked. Here's a link to the ticket so you can see the responses in the portal view:

[removed]

Don't worry, only you can access the ticket, and I'll come back and remove the link afterwards anyways.

Like Entrepositive likes this
1 vote
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 26, 2021

Hi @Entrepositive 👋

Welcome to the Community! This is definitely not what you want to see when logging in to Trello and hope it is resolved for you asap. My recommendation would be to get in touch with Trello Support directly as you won't want to waste any time getting this fixed and they will likely hold the answer to if this can be recovered. 

To raise a support ticket visit: https://trello.com/contact#/

Let us know how you get on and if there's anything more we can help with!

All the best,

Laura

Thanks @Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_ !

I have raised a support ticket.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events