Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced Checklist due dates in Workspace Table view?

Maria Puglisi August 25, 2021

I would like to be able to see all tasks/due dates assigned to a specific member on our Workspace boards. It seems like only Cards show up in Workspace Table -- not tasks I've set up in Advanced Checklist with due dates and assignments.

The "Your items" feature doesn't deliver a clean "to do" list by member because it includes other activity. I know we can see member-specific items in Calendar format with the Power-up and the Calendar View (we have Business Class), but my client would like to have a laundry list view of her assigned tasks that she can sort by due date.  That would have to include both Cards and Advanced Checklist tasks.

Is this possible?  If not, is there a way to export a report that would create this type of Summary task list by member?  Then, I could just prepare the report and attach it to a Trello Card on a weekly basis for her. Not elegant, but would work. 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2021

@Maria Puglisi 

Until Trello comes up with more support for advanced checklist in the areas you mentioned and others like due date notification, you will probably have to export the checklist items and do your own report. The items for a checklist is a list of items(dictionary) so it is fair easy to get what you need. When working through all the cards to extract  all items you might hit the rate limit imposed by Trello so you need to consider this.

An alternative, now that the automation entitlement has been increased, is to automate the creation of a proxy for each item with member and due as cards on a different board. This has its own set of challenges because automation in this area is also fairly limited. 

Maria Puglisi August 30, 2021

Thank you for the response. Could you possibly share the automate proxy instructions?  I'm not clear how to do this. 

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 30, 2021

@Maria Puglisi 

Since there are no triggers when adding an item or adding a member or setting a due date to an item, it there not straight forward and it might not fit to your workflow. 

Note that you create a proxy card for the notification which is not provided for an item with a due date. 

Maria Puglisi August 30, 2021

got it. I guess I will wait for Trello to add more features to the Advanced Checklists.  It would be super helpful to have more options. appreciate your response. 

Like Julie Goodhue likes this
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 30, 2021

@Maria Puglisi 

Yes probably best to wait. 

Fleur September 28, 2021

When do you expect more features for the advanced checklists? I am also struggeling with this as I have various boards and projects. 

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 28, 2021

@Fleur 

That is probably only Trello would know.

Currently I am helping my clients with automation involving advanced checklist member and or due dates with http request to some custom code - this include creating new cards from the item that have member assigned and due dates carried to the new card. 

Gail September 28, 2021

@Maria Puglisi @Fleur 

It may help to monitor your various tasks and due dates  accessing "Your items" on the Home screen

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events