It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Additional Team Members billed to my cedit card

I just set up a Trello Business Class account for myself, and without reading any of the help articles created my first board. In my ignorance I then created a team and added 4 friends to it.

Everything worked fine and we start using Trello.

I was shocked to see that my credit card was billed for an additional 478,65 $. 

At no time during the process of creating the team was I informed that additional charges would occur by adding team members. As I said this is because of my own ignorance - I should have read some stuff in detail before starting.

So my question is: can I reverse this in any way? I really only need a board with 1 Team member. The others will be invited as board members.

I am hoping on the good will of Trello :-)

Gary

2 answers

0 votes
Esme Crutchley Community Leader Dec 08, 2019

Hi @Gary Vey 

This article might help you out in this instance:

https://help.trello.com/article/791-changing-permissions-on-a-board

Esme :)

Thanks Esme for the help!

Gary 

Like Esme Crutchley likes this

Hi @Gary Vey ,

So sorry for that - we certainly do not want to make Business Class billing confusing! The billing is based per-team member and per-Multi-Board Guest. If you add team members or Guests to multiple team boards, you'll get charged a pro-rated fee for each team member or Multi-Board Guest.

In addition to the article from Esme, I wanted to share our Business Class billing FAQ:

Super sorry if that wasn't clear before upgrading! Our support team can make some adjustments with you in a 1:1 email communication if you'd like to reach out on https://trello.com/en-US/contact. Thanks so much!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,652 views 16 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you