Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding new members within our company and reocurring events

Nathan Morrison December 22, 2021

I am fairly new to trello, i would like to add around 8 membersn to our account. what would be the fastest and easiest way to do so? As well as i would like to make cards that reocurr every few weeks or every week. what would be the best way to do that. Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 23, 2021

Hi @Nathan Morrison 👋

Welcome to the community and to Trello! Let's get you set up, with adding members it depends on what you're adding them to either a board or to the entire workspace - I'll explain both below for you.

First off, here's how to add members to a Workspace:

1. First, go to the Trello Workspace's profile by visiting the home page at https://trello.com and selecting your Workspace on the left side or from the link next to the title of a board. 

2. Select the "Members" tab. You can also get to this tab directly by clicking on the "Members" link underneath the Workspace's name on your home page or by navigating directly to https://trello.com/[your-Workspace-short-name]/member

3. Click the "Invite Workspace Members" button in the left sidebar and enter the email address or Trello username of the individual you would like to add to your Workspace. If the person you are inviting to your Workspace is not signed up for Trello they will receive an email inviting them to sign up for Trello and to join your Workspace.

Please note: adding a user to a Standard or Premium Workspace will automatically result in a prorated charge for that user. Read more about billing with Standard/Premium here.

Adding people to a board

To add members to a board, select "Invite" from the board menu. Search for a user by name or enter an email address to invite them to the board. Click their name to add them to the board. Depending on the board settings, you may need to be an admin to invite someone to the board.

You can add members to boards even if they are not already using Trello. Just enter the person's email address and click "Send invitation." The user's permission level will be considered " Virtual" until they join Trello, but you can still add the user to cards.

In terms of recurring cards I would recommend - The Card Repeater Power-Up for Trello - which automates the creation of Trello cards for repeated tasks, giving you one less thing to have to think about. Simply set the schedule on a card and Trello will automatically make an exact copy of that card at the given date and time. This makes it easy to establish a process for weekly to-dos, retrospectives, end of the month closing out the books, or a reminder to get your mom a birthday present.

I hope this helps but if you have any other questions just ask away 😃

All the best,

Laura

Basat Tayfun September 1, 2022

Dear Laura;

Is there a way to automate this?  Examples of the type solution I am looking for:

1. Can there be a "group" that is already invited/added to boards, so that when one is added to or removed from that group, she gains or loses access/visibility to those boards automatically?  If this requires a Id service provider (e.g., LDAP or Active Directory), that would also work -- we  can define groups and various attributes in the IdP and let Trello use that information to add/remove users to teams, boards, etc (I am focusing on boards).

2. A "template user" with the right board memberships is defined (somewhere in or accessible to Trello) and that template is used to create a new, real-life user.  The "instantiated" user account has the same board memberships (and other attributes) as the template user.

3. An example of an API based solution (script or code) that does something like 1 and 2, above, only from the command line, perhaps.

Thanks

Basat

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events