Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding guests who will not be charged as full members in business class.

Brian_Clapier February 19, 2020

I just upgraded to the Business Class, paying the annual fee of $120. The billing says that I am able to add "guests" who will not have to pay the annual fee as long as their participation is limited to one board.

It is, however, not clear how to add a guest to the board. The choices under "invite" include adding "members" (which cost an additional subscription) and "observers" who do not have the ability to contribute on the board.

Please help me understand how to add a guest who can have the ability to contribute the board without having to pay the annual subscription for a new member.

3 answers

0 votes
Mark D'Ambrosi February 7, 2021

I have a slight twist to this question.  Is it possible to have more than one single-board guest on one board?  I am working with my two cousins on one project.  One cousin is currently on the board as a guest.  I want to make sure I can add my other cousin, but only want them to remain as board guests.

Looking forward to your response.

Mark D.

0 votes
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2020

Hi @Brian_Clapier 

Welcome to the Community!

I had a similar situation recently where I wanted my husband to be able to tick things off on checklists but as an 'observer' he couldn't.

I pay for BC for just me, and I've added him as a normal member of only one board and I don't pay for him. 

If I'd added him to the team I would have had to pay for him, but as he's only on one board, I still only pay one BC charge.

If you want say 20 people to have access to a single board, they are not billable. However, the moment you add a single person to more than one board in a team, they become billable.

Does this help?

Esme :)

Mark Harvey April 9, 2020

Thanks for the great answers in this thread. I have a follow-up question

Since I can add a Guest to only one Board, if I remove them from that board and add them to another board do I get charged ?

Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 9, 2020

Hi @Mark Harvey 

Welcome to the Community!

I would reach out to Trello on the Ask Trello Support link on that page to clarify the situation. There may be limits to how often you can move guests around to ensure that people aren't adding people to one board, then removing them once their work has been done and adding them to another one, in a sort of daisy chain.

I honestly wouldn't like to say if you would be charged or not.

Sorry I couldn't be more help

Esme :)

0 votes
Ludo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2020

Hi

Note that there is a difference between a team member and a board member.

Indeed, once a board member has been added to his second board he becomes Multi-Board Guests who is billable as a team member.

But a guest who is not added to the team, is just invited on only one board as a board member, he will not be billed.

See this for more details :

https://help.trello.com/article/855-how-billing-works-with-trello-business-class

https://help.trello.com/article/717-adding-people-to-a-board

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events