Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding an email as an attachment

lgilliland September 17, 2020

The paperclip symbol displays on the front of the Trello card, but when I open the card, I cannot see or open any attachments - they do not display.  What happened?

2 answers

0 votes
Stephen Addis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2020

Do what I do, which is I cut and paste the email to a word document, save as PDF then upload the PDF so that anyone can view, download etc and is quicker for users as doesnt get their email client to try to open/block for security etc.

Then, you can also highlight the appropriate bits of the email, put the address & bits in smaller font etc.

lgilliland September 21, 2020

thanks for the suggestions - it had to do with me signing in to Atlassian, versus trello - so my attachments were going to AWS database, versus displaying in my cards.  WHEW.  A subtle issue, which I figured may be rights once I determined on Friday that a co-worker was not having any problems attaching and displaying the Attachments area on a card.  

0 votes
Dan Ivory
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 17, 2020

Hi @lgilliland 

What type of file are you trying to attach to the card? Perhaps the file is too large? 

There is some more info on here around attachment and size limits if it helps.

https://help.trello.com/article/769-adding-attachments-to-cards 

Could you add a screenshot for us to see?

Thanks,

Dan

lgilliland September 17, 2020

It's an Outlook email with a 270 KB pdf included; usually you get a warning when attachment is too large - I've had that in the past; you can see the 2 attachments on the cover of the card, but not when you click to open the card.  2020-09-17_12-41-56.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events