Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Adding an email as an attachment

The paperclip symbol displays on the front of the Trello card, but when I open the card, I cannot see or open any attachments - they do not display.  What happened?

2 answers

Do what I do, which is I cut and paste the email to a word document, save as PDF then upload the PDF so that anyone can view, download etc and is quicker for users as doesnt get their email client to try to open/block for security etc.

Then, you can also highlight the appropriate bits of the email, put the address & bits in smaller font etc.

thanks for the suggestions - it had to do with me signing in to Atlassian, versus trello - so my attachments were going to AWS database, versus displaying in my cards.  WHEW.  A subtle issue, which I figured may be rights once I determined on Friday that a co-worker was not having any problems attaching and displaying the Attachments area on a card.  

0 votes

Hi @lgilliland 

What type of file are you trying to attach to the card? Perhaps the file is too large? 

There is some more info on here around attachment and size limits if it helps.

https://help.trello.com/article/769-adding-attachments-to-cards 

Could you add a screenshot for us to see?

Thanks,

Dan

It's an Outlook email with a 270 KB pdf included; usually you get a warning when attachment is too large - I've had that in the past; you can see the 2 attachments on the cover of the card, but not when you click to open the card.  2020-09-17_12-41-56.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

📹 Favorite Trello templates

Hello Community!  My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. In this video, I'll share my favorite Trello templates. Templates mentioned in ...

3,634 views 25 63
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you