Add description when creating a card

Jamie Irvin December 10, 2020

Hi, 

Is there any way to add a description when creating a card, rather than having to add it once the card has been created.  On iOS, most things (labels, members etc) can be added, but not a description.  

I have a zap set up that creates a project in Float every time a card is created in Trello.  the card description forms the brief.  If I add a description once the card has been created, this informations isn't sent across to Float.  neither can I update a project in Float with a 'new activity' zap as this function isn't available.  It would be such a huge help if I could simply type / paste a description at the point of creating a new card...

Thanks

Jamie

1 answer

0 votes
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2020

Hi @Jamie Irvin ,

Welcome to the community!

Well, In this case, you can use the Butler rule which will automatically add the description when a card is being created or you can use many other automation power-ups available in Trello Power-ups!

Mark Jeronimus February 27, 2024

Could you give examples of automation(s) (or perhaps power-ups) which allow me to add a **custom description** to every card I create?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events