Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add custom fields and synchronize data to Google Spreadsheet

Gabor Balatoni June 3, 2017

Hello, Can anyone help me please? Is Trello this much flexible, can this be done?

I would like to add custom fields to various cards in different trello boards (namely, number of trucks) and syncronize that info in real time to a google spreadsheet file.

3 answers

0 votes
Borislav Bogdanov June 12, 2018

Hello Gabor,

Did you find a solution?
I want to export a board in google sheets where every custom numeric field is a different column. Edit the numbers and bring them back to trello.

Is there a way to do this?

I tried blockspring but it is not supporting custom fields.

I tried to automate this with butler again it was not supporting what I need.

I want to sum up several custom fields and write the result into a different custom field.

0 votes
Francis Peixoto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 4, 2017
The challenge is that custom fields aren't exposed to the API, which is what platforms like IFTTT and Zapier would use. 
To sync Trello with Google Sheets and transport custom fields, you would probably need to have sheets read a JSON stream. 
This gives an example of how Sheets can read a JSON stream. You could adapt the code to read the stream from your board : https://medium.com/@paulgambill/how-to-import-json-data-into-google-spreadsheets-in-less-than-5-minutes-a3fede1a014a

Gabor Balatoni June 4, 2017

Hi, thanks, but this is "chinese" for me. Anyone who can implement this solution for us?

francis_peixoto June 6, 2017

Hi, I can't make a specific recommendation, but most spreadsheet systems can interact with very minimal development/integration with JSON feeds. most developers who work with modern frameworks would be able to effort this out for a minimal cost.

0 votes
Kaylin Murray June 3, 2017

Hey Gabor, 

I'm not 100% sure if this will work but I found this on Zapier and that might work for you! 

Hopefully, that is helpful!! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events