Add board subscription for other members

Sebastian S January 12, 2018

Hi all

Me and a colleague are testing trello for a month now and think of switching from asana. 

Is there a way I can add other board members to be subscribed to the entire board?

currently we create for each project a board and manage task groups in cards. But when I create a new board and add someone else to the board he doesn’t get notified when I add new cards or update them. I believe if I add him as a member of a card he is subscribed and gets notifications. But I won’t add other people to each and every card. I would like to add people to a board and they are immediately subscribed to everything. Possible in trello?

thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Matthew N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2018

Hey Sebastian

Subscriptions at every level (card, board, list) are all user based settings, and there's not a way for another user to turn these subscriptions on for another user.  If this is for work, and you're say- a manager, perhaps you could make it a requirement that when a user is added to a board that they subscribe to it.

Sebastian S January 12, 2018

By "make it a requirement" you mean there is an option in trello? Or does it mean I shall say him he has to do it :-)

Last one isn't for us a good situation and perhaps for that reason asana fits more.

Anyhow, Thanks for you help and answer! Helped.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events