Account permission - view only assigned cards

laurentw January 8, 2020

Hello,

I'm using Trello to coordinate tasks between internal stakeholders and external vendors. I was wondering if there would be a way to limit the view for external vendors so that they can only see the cards assigned to them. I would like to avoid creating separated boards for each one of them.

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2020

Hi @laurentw 

Currently, Trello doesn't support such kind of permissions.

Once someone has access to a board, they'll be able to see and edit all cards on it.

As of now, you need to create separate boards in your case.

laurentw January 8, 2020

Hello Deepanshu,

Thanks for your feedback, that's what I thought. Do you know if there are any plans to change this?

Thanks

Like # people like this
Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 9, 2020

Hi @laurentw ,

This feature has been requested since a long time by few people but I am not sure if this is going to be available soon.

Like Lenin Raj likes this
1 vote
Bart February 24, 2020

Hi @Deepanshu Natani ,

This would be for me a life changer... How can we make this request a number one priority? This is the only thing holding me back for using Trello professionally.

Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 26, 2020

Hi @Bart 

Just send the same words as your request to the Trello Support. May be Atlassian will expedite this request if it matches with their roadmap.

:-)

mustafa sener _Hipporello_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2020

Hi @Bart and @Deepanshu Natani 

As you know for limited external user access on Trello is not possible at the card level. This prevents Trello from being used by customer support teams to manage incoming requests from them.

However, in order to solve this and make Trello a matching option for Customer Support teams and for external user communication, we have built Hipporello. It is a service desk specifically built for Trello users. It enables external users to create Trello cards via emails and online forms which can be accessed through Hipporello service desk or embedded website. 

It is not just a one-way tool. Once the Trello card is created you can make further communication directly on Trello card. You don't need to write an email or use other channels to contact the requester. Just your agent or you can write the answer, add the attachments, and click Submit button. And an automatic notification will be sent to the customer. The customer can reply directly from email or from the service desk portal by clicking the link created.

Please check it from either Trello power-ups or from our home page which you can find in my profile.

mustafa sener _Hipporello_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2020

@laurentw I think this may help you to solve your problem :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events