Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access to a card's checklist with a power-up

Simon Briche October 30, 2019

Hi,

I'm struggling to access card's checklists with my power-up. Basically, I want to use the structure of a card checklist to generate content within my attachement section (not to code it myself within the section, as it already exist in the native card capabilities).

I thought it would be accessible with the "t.card('all')" method of the client library, but it won't. I have access to almost ALL the properties of the card (name, cover, description, attachements and so on) BUT the checklists.

I could surely retrieve them with the REST API, but as I understand it implies the user to authorize my app with the authorization flow that needs an explicit click from the user, and get a token to make an API call. It won't cover my needs as the attachement section is supposed to generate itself seamlessly. 

Am I missing something here or the checklists really are not exposed to power-ups ?

Thanks.

BR,
Simon

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
bentley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 31, 2019

Hey Simon,

You're correct that it is not currently possible to retrieve checklists from a call to t.card() inside of a Power-Up. I've added it to our backlog to see if we can get it added. I'll let you know when we might start working on it.

As you noted, the only other way to get this data is via the API which requires asking the user to authorize.

Also, feel free to ask any future Power-Up-related dev questions over in the developer community forum: https://community.developer.atlassian.com/c/trello. There are a number of folks building Power-Ups and integrations with Trello there.

Simon Briche October 31, 2019

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply and for the link to the community !

It would indeed be a nice feature, as I honestly thought at first sight it would be possible (and unlock a bunch of possibilities).

Hope the team will consider this !

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events