Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About Trello projects privacy

axellepochet August 24, 2020

Hello !

- Where does Trello store imported files ?

- Who exactly can access information in a shared (team) Trello account ? Free version

Thank you !!

2 answers

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 24, 2020

@axellepochet files are stored in Amazon S3, and anyone with the link can access them. So for example I added this image to a card in my account, but if I share it here anyone can see the image:

(it displays as an image above but I actually pasted in a link). The link, of course, is very long and has lots of numbers and letters in it so it's unguessable.

But what this means is that anyone who can see a card can see all of its attachments. If you want some attachments to be visible to only some board members, then you will need to store those in a cloud storage product (Google Drive,Microsoft OneDrive, Dropbox, Box.com etc.) and set permissions there.

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 24, 2020

@Iain Dooley  Trying to makes sense of this. How does it affects what we understand on files in s3. https://community.developer.atlassian.com/t/authenticated-access-to-s3/40647

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 24, 2020

@milynnus looks like a new thing they're rolling out, it hasn't hit my account yet, but it does explain a situation I came across temporarily recently where one of my clients got the new routes for a little while, then they went back to the old ones. During that time, a script I was using to download files to Google Drive started failing and I couldn't tell why :)

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 24, 2020

@axellepochet The last time I inspected a clients stored PDF files to share a link with their customers, they are stored on Amazon S3. I read in the developer’s forum, can be wrong, that there is going some authentication on these files. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events