Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API RATE_LIMIT_EXCEEDED doesn't clear after 10 s

Rachel A August 17, 2018

I keep getting RATE_LIMIT_EXCEEDED when I try to query from Trello. The guide says

To help prevent strain on Trello’s servers, our API imposes rate limits per API key for all issued tokens. There is a limit of 300 requests per 10 seconds for each API key. If a request exceeds the limit, Trello will return a 429 error.

However, I've waited much longer than that, and it doesn't clear, even if I just paste the query url in the browser. Is there another limit I'm not aware of, like a daily one? Or is there something else that needs to be done to clear this error?

1 answer

0 votes
Oscar Triscon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2018
Rachel A August 17, 2018

It's a good idea, but it's not my issue --- I print every time I request from Trello and I can see that I'm only making 5 requests or so before this strikes. Something interesting: I just discovered if I remove my API key and user token from the url request, it works fine and doesn't give me this error. This error only happens when I'm trying to fetch a member dict.

Oscar Triscon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2018

It's normal that you don't get the error if your requests are not bound to your token, since this is a token-level error.

I can't think of anything else. I use the API extensively and never encountered this problem. Perhaps you can double-check that you're indeed printing all your requests?

Rachel A August 17, 2018

I did, I only have a single function that makes requests, so it's very easy to be sure.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events