Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A MILLION duplicate labels

Stephanie Pietz September 14, 2018

Hello! We have a group of  14 boards. We use labels to help sort out workflow steps. We only need like 7 labels buuuuut we're way past that. feels like a million of the same labels...

Here's how this happened. We have a group of PM (project manager) boards. Then we have two production boards PSG & QA. All the boards started out with the same set of labels (copied one PM board). So the PM sends a card to a production board with the workflow label on it. Then that card will bounce between the two production boards and its source PM board until done. Sometimes cards move between PM boards too.

But for some reason, the labels that should be all the same, are duplicating. So I have like 10 "PSG: Implement Edits" labels on our 2 production boards. While each PM board might only have it once or twice.

I have gone in, when everyone has gone home for the day, and cleaned up all the duplicates across all the boards. But some how the labels that are literally copy/pate of the exact same text (no extra spaces, no change in caplitication or punctuation or spelling), are still duplicating!

I cannot find anything to fix this issue. It makes us crazy. Why do I seem to have different backend IDs for these labels??? Why aren't they merging into one label? How can I fix this WITHOUT starting brand new production boards?? 

Thank you for reading.

1 answer

0 votes
marc -Collabello--Phase Locked-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2018

@Stephanie Pietz  That really sounds like a big problem.  My advice is to contact Trello support about this here: https://trello.com/contact and choose "Ask Trello Support".

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events