2 spaces

Vira Liao January 25, 2018

Hi,

I tried to make 2 spaces but it always end up just one.

Could you tell me how do you make 2 spaces please?

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Cheesley _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2018

Hi,

I've been looking into this and the only way I can find to force text formatting such as multiple spaces is to put it inside a code block:

```
something something else
```

The main issue with that approach is that it will wrap that text in a box, which may not be the look you are going for.

May I ask, why is it that you need the multiple spaces? Maybe there is some other formatting tool in Markdown that can help you achieve your goal.

Vira Liao January 25, 2018

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for your answer!

I was hoping to get a bigger space since i found that area too crowded if I only use one space.

If I use double spaces, then I can see the context more clearly.

Stephen Cheesley _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2018

Hi Vira,

I've generally not found the text areas in Trello to be cluttered. I would recommend, however that if you have more content, you can try to logically separate using headings. They do add a pleasant amount of white space and break the content up:

# Heading One

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Sed ut congue metus. Class aptent taciti sociosqu ad litora torquent per conubia nostra, per inceptos himenaeos.

# Heading Two

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Sed ut congue metus. Class aptent taciti sociosqu ad litora torquent per conubia nostra, per inceptos himenaeos.

The example above should demonstrate what I mean. The Trello documentation is pretty comprehensive for this, detailing exactly how you can format your input.

A final suggestion, card descriptions are meant to be brief. If you find yourself putting lots of content in the description, you might be better served putting into a Google Doc and linking that to the card. Trello has great support for linking Google Docs to cards, right inside the card (see here)!

I hope this helps!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events