Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 factor authentication

Deleted user May 29, 2022

I signed up Trello with my  Gmail account.

I am trying to setup 2 step authentication factor.I am told to input my Atlassian password.I have input my password.Yet it isn't going through.

What do I do?

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 29, 2022

@[deleted] Welcome to the Atlassian community

Have you tried logging in using a different browser?  Just want to make sure that you have the correct password and if you are using Chrome it is not logging you if you are logged into the browser.

Deleted user May 30, 2022

I signed up with Gmail account.

Whenever I want to log in to Trello,I don't have to enter another password.I only click on Sign in with Gmail.Then I am logged in.

But I want to do 2 factor authentication.I am required to provide Atlassian password which I don't have because I signed up with Gmail account.

What do I do? 

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 30, 2022

@[deleted] since you are using Google to authenticate you will want to turn 2 factor on you Google account.  

Deleted user May 30, 2022

I have already secured my google account with 2 factor authentication.

When I wanted to sign up with Trello,I didn't want to trouble myself with creating new password .

I was shown the option to continue with Google.So I continued with Google.

I already have my Google account secured with 2 factor authentication.

Does it apply to Atlassian as well

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 30, 2022

@[deleted] if you are using your Google account and have 2 factor setup on Google, Google will require you to enter it when you login to Google.  If you are already logged in to Google then you will not be prompted when logging into Atlassian.  If you want to use an Atlassian account and setup 2 factor I believe you can request a password reset for your email account and then it will allow you to setup your Atlassian password and account that you can then use Atlassian's 2 factor when you login.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events