Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Сonfigure posting of comments in cards depending on the due date

Григорий Табак January 22, 2022

Hello! I need comments to appear in the card depending on the approaching deadline for the task. For example, the deadline is 16:00 on January 27, and I want the comment "!3 days left" to appear at 16:00 on January 24, the comment "!1 day left" to appear at 16:00 on January 26, and at 15:00 January 27 comment "!1 hour left".

But no matter what constructions I try with "set to" - nothing appears by the appointed time. At the same time, if I change the date to the one that corresponds to the comment period, then the comment appears.

But if I (currently 15:55 on Jan 24, task expires at 16:00 on Jan 27) set the rule "-at 16:00 on Jan 24 there was a comment "!3 days left"-" at 16:00 the comment does not appear.

My rules:

when a due date less than 3 days from now is set on a card by anyone, post comment "My comment"

when a due date between 0 and 2 days from now is set on a card, post comment "My comment"

1 hours before a card is due, post comment"My comment"

None of this works when the due date is reached.

Please help me figure out how it works!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2022

@Григорий Табак 

It is unclear whether you are trying to have Calendar command or set a rule.

Without checking on Trello, I think :

when a due date less than 3 days from now is set on a card by anyone, post comment "My comment"

is a rule

1 hours before a card is due, post comment"My comment"

is a calendar command

They behave different. The rule is will be activated based on your action - aka set a due date while the calendar command will be activated based on a due date that you set previously.

Григорий Табак January 23, 2022

Dear Milynnus!

I’m grateful to your answer cause I couldn’t get such a simple thing on my own.

Now I understand that I can reach the result using “due to date” tab in the “Automation” section.

However I’ve faced a problem with the calendar comment rule:

“2 days before a card is due, post comment "My comment".

It doesn’t work. The thing is that the comment wasn’t posted in 48 hours before the needed time and date.
Can it be the problem with the scheduled? And how can I solve it?

Looking forward to your answer,
Best regards,
Grigoriy

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2022

@Григорий Табак 

That trigger is for a due date command.

Also note the reminder from Trello

Due date triggers are not retroactive.

For example, if you enter a command that says 2 days before a card is due, ..., this will not trigger for cards that are already due in 2 days or less.

It will trigger the moment a card becomes due in 2 days through the passage of time, starting from the moment the command is entered.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events