Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

will you separate your work and life into two separated board

Peter Ye July 22, 2021

Hi, 

I am new to trello. 

I am curious about if you use trello for both work and life, 

will you use same board to manage both work and life or use separated boards?

Peter   

5 comments

Kaj Sennelöv July 22, 2021

Hi Peter!

I'm a big fan of having everything separated. 
That way, when you're not in a working mood, you don't need to get reminded about it and vice versa for life.

Ideally, you can even split it up in different "projects" like a board for everything that has to do with the garden, a board for everything that has to do with households, ... you name it.

My two cents!

Good luck!

-Kaj

Like # people like this
Huwen Arnone _Deiser_
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
July 22, 2021

I totally agree, @Kaj Sennelöv, all things separated!
all-the-things- meme- huwen arnone deiser atlassian.jpg

Like Kaj Sennelöv likes this
Huwen Arnone _Deiser_
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
July 22, 2021

I use Trello professionally and in my personal life, just for specific projects:

• Professionally, depending on the resources available and which departments are involved.
  • In my personal life, I have used it when moving, for big parties, for specific travels, musical projects, and arranging surprises that require others.

So, answering your question specifically, yes, I would definitively use different boards.

Now I'm curious, @Peter Ye: Which possibilities did you evaluate before coming here and ask?

Peter Ye July 22, 2021

I think community is so great. lots of expertises are here. so I can get different inputs.

that's why I come here and ask for advise. 

Like # people like this
Huwen Arnone _Deiser_
Solutions Partner
July 22, 2021

Well, don't hesitate on coming here and asking again! 😎

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 22, 2021

I have one board for everything. When I kept things separated, important personal tasks could never take priority during business hours and vice versa, but sometimes they need to.

Like Peter Ye likes this
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 25, 2021

I've ended up doing the same thing as @Iain Dooley . Even though it is logical to have two separate boards, I need to see all the tasks in a one place to be able to plan my personal and work life together :-). 

Same situation is with my personal and work calendar. I need my coworkers to be able to see, when I'm available, so I plan everything in my work calendar.

Nataliya Vasyliv_Reliex_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 17, 2022

Hi @Peter Ye 
I'm using for life more. For every occasion I have separate board. It looks more organized for me.  

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events