📹 What to do after Trello Gold?... some pros and cons explained

Dan Ivory _Orah Apps_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 26, 2021

Hey Trello friends!

Here's a video I made to run through some of the updates Trello released this week.

Mainly to help those who are on Trello Gold know what their options are, and the pros and cons of Free vs Standard vs Premium.

Bonus - it includes a dog that looks a bit like Taco!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzsOWJSb9ic

Screenshot 2021-08-26 at 17.01.11.png

or there is a blog version if you prefer reading...

https://www.orahapps.com/resources/blog/trello-pricing-updates-explained

Hope it's helpful for some of you.

Dan

ps, I've tried to summarise everything in a short-ish video but I'm sure I missed some things here and there. Let me know below if I have so others can see/learn about them. Thanks!

1 comment

ZakuraTech August 29, 2021

While this was helpful explaining the changes; can we get a similar video to explain the nature of the billing scheme with respect to Workspaces vs Accounts and the nature of Guests? 

I personally am waffling on whether to downgrade to Free (because there is no risk of being over charged by accidentally adding someone as a member) or going to Premium because I like some of the features on offer. (Overviews, expanded storage space and automation).

My intention is to use either a standard or premium plan in place of Gold, with a single master user (paying for the workspace with a single plan and no members) and many single guest boards. 

Also - kind of an unaddressed issue; since all these plans are on a per workspace basis - will people who take on a standard or premium plan be forced to pay for all their workspaces? Or do you select which workspace pays for which plan?

Alex Waite
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 29, 2021

When you upgrade to Standard or Premium, all users that are considered billable within your workspace will go towards your monthly or annual bill.

Billable users in Standard and Premium are the following:

• Users that have been added directly to the upgraded workspace
  • Multi-board guests: users that have been added to two or more boards in the upgraded workspace

Single-board guests - users that have been added to one board in the workspace - are not considered billable users. You can read more about how billing works with Standard and Premium here: https://help.trello.com/article/855-how-billing-works-with-trello-business-class

You could definitely set up a workspace with only yourself as a member, and all other users as single-board guests, which would then incur a license charge for only one user. 

The upgrade is placed on a workspace of your choosing. You don't get all of your workspaces upgraded unless you pay for an upgrade on all of your workspaces. 

Like • Dan Ivory _Orah Apps_ likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events