Trello tips for big ticket retail (boat sales. auto sales)

Garret McLaughlin October 17, 2019

Hey there!  I have been playing around with Trello to develop a better tracking system for our boat deals, starting at time of sale and following through post-sale follow ups.  I have had a hard time finding many tips from users that are in the "major unit" or "big ticket" retail world.  Any advice or help in finding some best practices for that kind of application of Trello would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you, Garret

River Valley Marine

Rochester, MN

3 comments

carrie_eandm
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2019

Hi @Garret McLaughlin !

Fellow Minnesotan here (Twin Cities). Labels will help with visually identifying what's going on with the cards and customizing your lists can set up the flow of the card from start to finish.

I'd also suggest looking into some power-ups to help with tracking items. The Custom Fields power-up would allow you to show details on the card with sales information, customer information, etc. You can also enlist Butler, which is a great power-up for automating steps in the process (moving cards, changing due dates, changing labels, etc). 

Good Luck!

sportsscientist October 21, 2019

Trello seems like a no-brainer for sales operations. . .main board for new leads, with each list being a category/sales person.  Then cards can move off the "New leads" board to an individual's board or a board with a few sales people.

Not sure of your volume, but if one boat deal is a big enough project (i.e. includes sales, design, production and delivery) then it might even make sense for the project to have its own board.

And then what Carrie said, take full advantage of power ups.  I'll also add the calendar power up to the two she mentioned.

Lastly, don't get discouraged if you feel like its not clicking right away.  Fully leveraging all Trello has to offer is just as much an art as it is a skill, so you'll get better and more efficient as you use it.

Have fun! 

Garret McLaughlin October 24, 2019

Thanks for the input, I appreciate it!  I think I'm getting things ironed out.  We utilize an industry-specific CRM so my needs there are covered but for the internal tracking of post-sale considerations this is looking to be a star for sure!  I always love input and ideas so if anyone else is out there, keep the comments coming!  Garret

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events