Trello is getting slower all the time

Helmut Berié September 29, 2021

For a bunch of people I work with and myself, Trello is getting slower all the time.

It sometimes gets to the point of the browser declaring the page to be dead ("uh snap" message). So the questions are:
is this something experienced by others?
Is this possible related to powerups or browser extensions (related to Trello or not) to be slowing down things?
Is there a way of debugging and identifying the root cause?
Is there a recommended maximum number of cards to be used per board/list?

5 comments

marin September 29, 2021

We are experiencing it as well to be honest. Few days ago there was a Trello outage and we could barely use it. That on top of our yearly bills rising 3x with the new billing left us with bitter taste. And we are a Trello power-up developer even. I hope someone from Atlassian can chime in if that's going to be resolved anytime soon. 

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 30, 2021

@Helmut Berié and @marin i've noticed some people mentioning this on reddit as well. I haven't noticed it personally, but saw @Michael Pryor asking about how many boards users who are experiencing slowness have, so if you wanna share that, he might be able to make it over here and help diagnose!

Like marin likes this
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 30, 2021
Helmut Berié September 30, 2021

Hi @Brittany Joiner, all
happy to provide this information

When you say"how many boards users who are experiencing slowness have" do you mean
how many I have open concurrently?
How many I have stared or how many I have recently used?
Envato has a Premium subscription and uses Trello company-wide we will have several hundred if not thousands of boards across the company.

I experience slowness with only a single open board.

We have 3 actice power-ups
Google Drive
Calendar Power-Up
Card Size by screenful

I personally also have the
Ultimello The features pack for Trello - Chrome extension
installed

Cheers, Helmut

marin October 5, 2021

Just to elaborate here. I'm not talking about Trello boards being slow (application slowness). I'm talking about Trello having operational difficulties. You can see that there were multiple instances of servers being down last month: https://trello.status.atlassian.com/

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2021

I will say I have noticed more downtime reports in the last year or so than I have in the many years of using Trello prior to that, but also wonder if I just haven't noticed it as much prior to that because I wasn't subscribed to updates? Even some of the outages or reports of Trello being down hasn't actually impacted me, or it just hasn't overlapped with when I'm trying to use Trello. So I am wondering if they were always there and I just never noticed them because I wasn't signed up for updates on the status.

That being said - generally the outages go away quickly but this last one lasted like two days, which was really rough, and I was glad I didn't have to explain that to team I had encouraged to use Trello haha.

Like marin likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events