Trello feedback

Daniel _ April 9, 2017

Hi, 

I'm new to trello. I think it's amazing and thought of two functions as feedback. The first one is: Would it be possible to have due dates for checklist items? We're organizing weekly events which can be seen as one project and are represented by one card. The project has several tasks that need to be done by a certain time before the final due date of the project itself and having trello remind members of the card that certain tasks need to be done by a certain time would be very useful. 

The second one might be more of a question (sorry if off-topic): Is it possible to get notifications of everything that happens to a card/list/board I'm subscribed to? Managing (a) project(s) requires to be on top of things and trello would go a long way in notifying me of events such as when members subscribe to a card and most of all: when check list items are marked complete.

Thank you :)

2 comments

BillyP
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 9, 2017

Hi Daniel, 

I'm a fan of Trello also.  Not sure on the first part, although it sounds cool. 

Have you checked out the intergrations that Trello offers?

https://blog.hipchat.com/2015/03/04/hipchat-integrates-with-trello/

This is just an example, hope it helps!  

~Billy

Daniel _ April 10, 2017

Hi Billy, 

Thank you for your reply. Just checked it out and it looks cool. I guess the same works with the trello integration to slack. I'm not sure though whether you'll be notified about checklist-actions and other changes that are not coverd by the standard trello notifications.

Cheers,

Daniel

Devon Henderson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 10, 2017

Hi, Daniel!

The first item (checklist due dates) is an often-requested feature. Trello has a Public Development Roadmap board where they post what they're working on, but it's often in broad terms and not super granular. My best suggestion on this item is to submit a support request and submit it as feedback from the dropdown. You're definitely not alone in your wish for this feature :)

Second - it seems you may use Slack? While Trello doesn't have the granular notifications you wish for built in, it does have them available in the Slack Power-Up. Here's a screenshot of what you can enable/disable notifications for through Slack. You must activate the Slack Power-Up on each board from which you want notifications, and then you set in this menu where you want them to go and which you want to receive. You can read more on the Power-Up in Trello's blog post.

Hope this helps!

ScreenClip.png

Daniel _ April 11, 2017

Hi Devon, 

Thank you very much for your reply! This is great help! I'll send the support feedback and will try to use the slack power-up, although I don't have trello gold and as we're already using the calendar power-up, I'm out of power-ups. I'll try to find a way though.

Many thanks,

Daniel

Francis Peixoto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 13, 2017

As I mentioned in another post, Zapier has triggers for events on a board, so you could alternatively build a recipe to output to whatever integration Zapier offers.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events