Trello Export Is LACKING!!!! - Held Hostage?!? - Atlassian get your act together!

Bill Hahn August 18, 2021

I Love Trello.  I use it individually and with teams.  I could drive further adoption and get 1000's more people at my company to use Trello for personal and Team use if you simply made it easier to EXPORT Boards with Cards and Cover Images into GoogleSlides and/or PowerPoint format.  If you enabled an export feature that Exported 1-for-1 Each Card as a PowerPoint and/or GSlide with the Cover Photo as an image and the Text as a caption, I would be able to convince and motivate others to use Trello more.  I would also be able to use my Trello Boards with people that are not yet using Trello and convince them to use it as 1st time users.

Please 'get your act together' and improve EXPORTING Boards and Cards so that everyday Trello users can export Cards and Board, Text and Images as: PowerPoint/GSlides, PDF, CSV, Text, PDF, etc.

It's kind of ridiculous to have an AMAZING WONDERFUL Creators experience where it's amazingly easy to CREATE content into a BEAUTIFUL Trello board, and then make it almost impossible to get it out for Sharing, Evangelizing, Socializing, Teaming, Collaborating and Onboarding new users.

Please PRIORITIZE EXPORTING into a variety of formats, volumes and granularity.  Come on, the tough stuff is done, do the sweat-factor blocking and tackling of EXPORTING in a variety of formats, granularity and volumes.

6 comments

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 18, 2021

Hi Bill,

I don't use Trello within my business but do in my personal life. This is a useful feature for sure. You might want to provide your suggestion here - submitting-feature-requests-for-trello .

Like # people like this
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 18, 2021

Hello Bill,

Just like Jack mentioned, you can create a feature request to properly provide your feedback to our PMs, however, I would like to better understand how this feature would help your team.

In other words, we want to know if there are any functionalities missing on Trello that are required by your team and can be achieved by a different tool, as I believe the implementation of a missing functionality would be easier to be achieved than an export feature that requires integration with other applications.

Additionally, I also want to let you know that, currently, you can export your Trello boards in JSON or CSV (Business Class) formats:

Exporting data from Trello

Thanks!

Like Dave Liao likes this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
August 18, 2021

@Bill Hahn this sounds like a great candidate for a PowerUp, if you know any developers.  Turning a Trello board into a PowerPoint presentation sounds cool!

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 24, 2021

We have an export to Google Slides already.  It was shipped in 2016 :)

https://blog.trello.com/trello-for-google-slides

Like # people like this
Tony Ellul August 27, 2021

Great to hear Trello is improving export to Google Slides

Hopefully other apps are on the way.

When will you have an export function specifically for MS PowerPoint?

Sounds like Monique vdB above may also be a fan of MS

Fingers crossed

Cheers

Dan Ivory _Orah Apps_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 30, 2021

Hi @Bill Hahn 

You can export to PDF, CSV, Excel, and image using our Power-Up Board Export for Trello

Let me know if you have any questions about it. 

Hope it helps!

Dan

Like Klára Zikešová likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events