Tally up how many cards on a list

Ellen August 5, 2020

Hi :) 

I am looking to tally up and get how many cards are under each list on some of my boards. Does anyone know how to do this?

Thank you!

1 comment

Blair at Atlassian
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 10, 2020

Hi Ellen!

Thanks for reaching out! When it comes to seeing the number of cards in each list on a board, we can recommend two things:

1. In your board menu, use the Search Cards option and type in any character. Then, look at the very top of your lists and you'll see the number of cards in each list.

2. Use the Trello List Limits Power-Up to set a maximum number of cards in each list, that way you'll always know exactly how many cards are in the list: https://trello.com/power-ups/5c2462c384ab8949b1724a20/list-limits

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any feedback or questions and I'll be here for you!

Blair 

Trello Support

Andrew Fanner January 13, 2022

I use a Chrome Extension called Official card counter trello with Totaliser. It gives you a number per Column and a total for the board.

image.png

Myron July 22, 2022

Thanks for the Totalizer extension suggestion! Love it.

Draason Verissimo July 22, 2022

This extension is not safe. It sounds malicious in that it redirects you to affiliate URLs while shopping online and uses a variety of other trackers. Beware. Read the reviews.

A much easier way is to simply press the keyboard shortcut "Q" while looking at your board. This minimizes your lists and shows the total number of cards.

brave_QeG2DbBSPR.png

Myron July 22, 2022

Wow! Didn't realize. I'll remove it from mine and alert our other users. I knew about hitting the letter "q" but rarely use it as I need to see all. Guess I could get used to toggling if I really want to see the total number of cards.

Like # people like this
Angelos Kokkidis Chatzigiannakis September 14, 2022

Awesome tip, thanks!

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events