Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taco Tuesday: the Butler did it (aka your favorite Butler rule)

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
November 9, 2021

Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 9.01.50 AM.png

Welcome to another Taco Tuesday! First of all, congratulations goes out to to last week's winner.......@Ari Adler Ari uses Trello to load and unload his RV.  Definitely a unique use case!

Ari, your Taco plushie will be making its way to you soon. And please post a picture once Taco arrives!

This week's question is: What Butler rule do you use to make their life easier?

@Cassie Mayes is the Butler guru on our team, and here's what she had to say when she suggested this topic:

for example: I love the rule “when a card is created in the board by anyone, join the card”

or on our feature request board I have this rule setup: “when a card is added to list “Problems and Suggestion Box for Bevy” by anyone, add the green “Community Events” label to the card, and send an email notification to [my email address] with subject “New Bevy feature request” and message [with a link to the board].

my other fav one: “2 days after a card is due, post comment “Hi! The due date was two days ago. Any updates?”

For me personally, copying a handful of cards from "Done" to "This week" every Monday would be super helpful and maybe this topic will finally remind me to figure it out! 

So how about you? What has the Butler done lately... to help you?

5 comments

Ari Adler November 9, 2021

Yay! I get my own Taco!! 😀

Cassie Mayes
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
November 9, 2021

#TeamButler

SM November 12, 2021

I have an urgent question- on jira, can a story be pulled back to sprint backlog to do swim lane / column, from in progress swim lane / column, on kanban board on active sprint? And will it make any difference in the cycle time? Thanks 

Like Monique vdB likes this
Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 14, 2021

Hi @SM, I don't have much experience with cycle time reports in Jira but if you post your question on the Jira group here I'm sure someone is going to help you asap https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira/ct-p/jira

This might not be the best place to get an answer because the thread is related to Trello 🐶

Paloma Fondon Araujo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2021

Hi @Monique vdB 

Some of my most active commands are the simplest. They manage to save me time every day. I have created several rules in trello but without a doubt, my favorite (simple but very useful) is:Butler Trello.PNG

Regards!

Monique vdB
Community Manager
November 17, 2021
Like Hakeem Olasupo likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events