Switch accounts - it's happening!

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 12, 2020

Is this a new feature? Wohoo - today I opened my account I use for work (connected to an Atlassian account, BC) and I found the possibility to 'Add another account' and 'Change Account'

So I also added my private Account (which also connected to an Atlassian Account and I use for ACL) and tadaaa 🎉🎉 -> I can super easily switch between my two accounts in the same window 😲🤩

Is this new? Did I miss this feature? We don't use the BC for long (2 weeks maybe)....

I love it! How could I miss it when it's not new... perfect start for the day

Please let me know what else I missed 😂

3 comments

Jay Jarman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 12, 2020

Is this in the web version or the app?  I'd like some more details on this because I don't see a place to add another account, but I'm very interested in that.

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 12, 2020

Hi @Jay Jarman - it‘s the web version. No special addon installed (wouldn‘t worked anyway cause it‘s on my Windows work PC) 

Works on Firefox and Chrome. 

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 12, 2020

It looks like this when you click on the account

Bildschirmfoto 2020-08-12 um 21.45.28.png

• green arrow means: change account
  • pink arrow: add another account

When you click on that you come to this screen:

Bildschirmfoto 2020-08-12 um 21.45.57.png

It let's you choose between added accounts (I blurred out my email adresses) - seems like this has something to do with browser because after my two accounts we have:

• Add another account
  • Delete accounts from browser

I love it anyway  😜

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 12, 2020

Screenshots are from my own Computer (Mac)

Jay Jarman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 13, 2020

Am I the only one who would rather use the app than the web version?

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 13, 2020

Tadaaa it‘s also working in App 🥰 (iOs)

DE2ECEC9-F330-45D2-B8E7-9D87506ABBDB.jpeg

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 13, 2020

change account

1140A2BE-802C-407D-9F2E-A10139E51EFA.jpeg

Harald Müller-Ney August 20, 2020

I got after a new log in an active trigger if I like to add another account. 
Very nice feature since our company policies require an extra account for all boards in the "company organization" which shall¹ not be used for private/open source use.
It is much easier now to switch between company and private (open source).

Like Fabienne Gerhard likes this
Vongsawat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2020

Its been slowly rolling out for a while, my account got access about a week ago :)

Apparently it finally went public 3 days ago? Trello Blog 

Like Fabienne Gerhard likes this
Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 13, 2020

Didn't see the Blog entry yet! 😍 Pretty sure many, many people will welcome this wide open arms.

Mike Hendley February 24, 2021

I would love on iOS that I could double-tap my avatar or the Trello at the top to easily switch between my two accounts.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events