Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searching cards in Trellis app

Tom Ljubicic September 7, 2022

Hi All,

When searching in Trello desktop the system will search all cards on the board and in the archive based on the keywords I choose fairly well.  Why isn't this available in the Trello app? The app will only search active cards and is info into the archive I need to scroll through all of my historical cards.  Having a search function with filters in the app would be great. 

1 comment

Nathan Smith
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 13, 2022

Hi @Tom Ljubicic 

Is this our mobile app that you're having issues searching on? And if so, what device are you using our mobile app on?

Tom Ljubicic September 13, 2022

Hi Nathan,

Thank you for replying back.  Yes it is the mobile app that we see this issue on.  We are running a Samsung S8 and Samsung S9 running Android 10.

Nathan Smith
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 14, 2022

Hey @Tom Ljubicic 

Thanks for confirming! We do have a number of operators you can use when searching to filter your results that should also work on Mobile. We've got a list of these on this page, can you try these and see if these are able to do what you're looking for? - https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/searching-for-cards-all-boards/#Special-Operators

Tom Ljubicic October 20, 2022

Hi Nathan,

We may use the cards differently than others, here is an example of a card we typically build to track our customers informaton and job progress

Trello card.jpg

When using the search feature in the app I would like to search by any of the information listed in whole or in part: customer name, phone number, email, property address even. What we find is that these items are only searchable in the desktop version of the system, not the mobile version. More frustrating is that if the card is archived, as we do when the job is complete, in the desktop it will come up via the title bar information (customer fist and last name) but in the app only the cards on the board are searched. Is there a way to at least make the app search the archived cards too? We are stuck scrolling through the list of cards in the archive in chronological order, which after a couple of weeks gets quite long.

Thanks again.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events