Questions about Demo

Prescott Jay Erwin September 27, 2022

My team has expressed interest in Trello as a Digital Asset Management tool and Project Management solution for our Office of University Marketing, but I'm a little disappointed to see that there's no real contact information -- not even a way to set-up a demo. I don't want to say, "No," to Trello off-the-cuff, so I would welcome a demo for my team. 

What I see also concerns me from the standpoint of customer service. If we were to commit to Trello as our tool, it looks like there's no real support. 

Any input from the community would be helpful.  

2 comments

Jimi Wikman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 27, 2022

First of all welcome :)

Secondly, all Atlassian products have ticket support only and you need to upgrade to premium for priority support. Support is usually good, but if you need hands-on support or rapid incident management, then it usually a good idea to look at local Atlassian consultants and sign a support deal with them.

As for demo or evaluation, you can sign up for a premium account and you should have it on a trial basis, but I am not sure for how long. If you want to see Trello in action or have someone set up a workshop for you to go over your thoughts on how to use Trello, then I would again reach out to a local Atlassian consultant firm for that, or ask the community if someone have time to help you with that.

Depending on your definition of DAM and PM Trello might be perfect or it can be absolutely wrong, so I would advise that you also run your thoughts through with someone that understand both design and project management. You probably want to make sure frontend is represented as well so you don't have to do double work in two systems later on.

I hope that helps and I hope you will find Trello to be a great tool that help your team be more productive and smile more :)

Like Bob likes this
Prescott Jay Erwin September 29, 2022

Yeah, I think this answers my questions. It sounds like Trello's going to be too difficult to work with. Relying on 3rd-party consultants we have to go out and discover on our own isn't ideal. Looks like users are just on their own. Not very client-oriented or customer-friendly.

Thanks for your feedback!

I'll follow-up on my other leads. 

Like Jimi Wikman likes this
Jimi Wikman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 29, 2022

Happy I could help, but sorry you did not feel like moving forward with Trello.

If you change your mind, then you should be able to find a solid partner to help you with the initial setup and training from the Partner section: https://partnerdirectory.atlassian.com/

I might get into trouble for suggesting alternatives, but I know some teams that have used Asana for marketing as well as Clickup. Some even use Notion even if that is a bit different kind of tool.

Personally I think Trello, or Jira is the better product, but I am a bit partial :)

Whatever tool you end up with, I wish you the best!

Prescott Jay Erwin September 29, 2022

Our short list includes QMarkets, SysAid, Brandfolder, and Marq, all of whom have responded quickly to set-up demos.

We'll see!  :-) 

Jimi Wikman
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 29, 2022

Ah, all good products, but a bit different from each other.

I hope you find the perfect fit, no matter what product you choose :)

Like Prescott Jay Erwin likes this
Alex Waite
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 16, 2022

Hi @Prescott Jay Erwin - Alex from Trello Support here.

@Jimi Wikman above has a different opinion from me on a couple of points I'd like to just quickly backtrack with you if that's OK...

• We do offer demos to teams forecasting 40 Enterprise users or 80 Premium users. If you hit this threshold, let me know and I'll raise a ticket on your behalf. 
  • We do offer hands on support to all customers. Free customers will get routed to the Community for 50% of issues (where they will be answered usually by either a Community Leader, a member of the Community or a Trello Support Engineer), but all paid users get priority 24/5 support. Paid customers can also set the priority of their tickets, so if they're experiencing a major issue that requires immediate attention, we'll get onto it right away (as long as it's not the weekend). We also offer phone support (scheduled Zoom meetings) to Premium and Enterprise subscribers
  • I do agree with the Solution Partner route if you're looking for more consultation / workflow customisation. 

You're welcome to get in touch with us at any time at https://trello.com/contact

We don't usually discuss sales related questions over the Community (this is more of a technical / 'how do I?' type forum) so sorry that I haven't seen this message since now, again if you want a fast response, our contact form is the best way to get one.

When you raise your ticket, please make sure the field 'What can we help you with?' is set to Sales

Jimi Wikman
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 16, 2022

"We do offer demos to teams forecasting 40 Enterprise users or 80 Premium users. If you hit this threshold, let me know and I'll raise a ticket on your behalf. "

Is this official and presented somewhere? Seems like a very good thing to know for potential clients :)

"We also offer phone support (scheduled Zoom meetings) to Premium and Enterprise subscribers"

Is this what "Premium support" means in the pricing lists and the plan descriptions? If it is, then perhaps you should expand on that a bit, since it is a very good thing to offer?

Prescott Jay Erwin October 16, 2022

Alex: Thank you for your reply. We would definitely meet your threshold, but judging from the great difficulty finding important information on your website and how long it's taken to get a response (almost 20 days), this platform is probably not for us. Our committee had a short list and the other providers have been very responsive. We're pretty close to a decision

Like Alex Waite likes this
Alex Waite
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 16, 2022

@Jimi Wikman - yes, those thresholds are current for now, however they are subject to change in the future. Any user who raises a demo request ticket via our contact form will be told the current thresholds. This is why we recommend all customers raise tickets about sales requests through our contact form - we provide the most current, up to date info. 

We do not have information publicly available yet about our support offerings and SLAs but you can see the description of what priority support is on our pricing page: https://trello.com/pricing

Customers with Premium or Enterprise get priority email support, meaning we’ll make sure your questions get answered within one business day.

As stated above, this does not include weekends.

You can see the support offerings offered to other Atlassian products at https://confluence.atlassian.com/support/atlassian-support-offerings-193299636.html - we're not fully aligned to these but this shows what products like Jira, Confluence, etc. offer. 

Alex Waite
Atlassian Team
October 16, 2022

Hey @Prescott Jay Erwin - I'm sorry to hear that. Did you stumble across our contact form at https://trello.com/contact at any time? 

Jimi Wikman
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 16, 2022

A well hidden page I must say, but very informative!

Thank you, Alex, I appreciate the information.

Alex Waite
Atlassian Team
October 16, 2022

Hi @Jimi Wikman - no worries.

The pricing page and all others (our contact form, solutions page, Enterprise pages, etc.) are all linked on our home page - https://trello.com/home

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events