I do not like the direction development is going.

The Creator _1000 February 23, 2021

I went to make a new Board after a good while of only editing existing ones, and no longer had the option to make a personal board. I think a month or two ago my solution was to just use one I already had made that didn't have much on it even. I couldn't do that this time, as I had no more spare boards.
This led me to find this page, in which what development is going toward kind of makes sense, but why not just call them categories, and allow assigning a team to a said category? And then when I just don't care to put it in a category, not force me to, and instead just keep it in an empty category until maybe I decide I want to drag it into one?

I like using Trello as the less cluttered solution. If I wanted the timelines and tables and such I would not be using Trello in the first place and instead use Azure Devops, as it's better to say you know how to use in something like a Microsoft interview anyway.

I would think that maybe Trello would try to integrate some of the most used "Power-Ups" (in which that name has always pissed me off) into Trello by default, so it didn't have to count as my 1 power up and make the experience better by default.

I don't even know what power-ups are really capable of since I find it necessary to use the Google Drive one as my 1 power up every time. I don't want to use the 14 day free trial, as I know the power-ups I might try out will just be revoked in two weeks, making whatever I did with them useless after that point. The majority of people that use Trello, at least that I know, use it because it is free and simple. This has also made it the best solution for GameJams.

Even if I wanted to buy Trello premium, I feel that it would probably be missing the features I'd want added most.

One of the features I'd want added most is the ability to embed more things in the comments like I can YouTube links. Showing in a way it would if I were to post a link like:
https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/Hunger
or
https://twitter.com/Blaize_Jenkins/status/1118048824390344705?s=20
on Discord.

I don't like that I can't put images in my comments of a card.

If I could use 1 Trello board for as long as I wanted that showed me what premium was like, letting me use whatever power-ups I wanted, I would try that out, that seems cool. Even if it might seem somewhat exploitable if people were to keep making new accounts, that makes it into something that people would want to get the premium of when they have the money to do so with, and people can exploit 14 day free trials anyway.

I've been satisfied enough to keep using Trello, as I do like the way I can organize tasks, and as it's easy enough to teach someone to use, I just haven't really seen any positive changes personally since when I first started using it, and I hope this post in some way can make a difference as I would like to see Trello improve in ways that can help me and the people I know.

2 comments

Canus Antonius February 27, 2021

The direction of Trello to focus more on Teams or Workspaces has become quite a burden to the more simple process of not requiring them at all in order to make a Trello Board. It would definitely be a lot less tedious if this was no longer a requirement, as there was never an issue with it not being needed before. As far as I'm concerned, the implementation of this requirement is a downgrade to Trello. 

The primary reason a college student like myself would use Trello is for its highly accessible format, including allowing markdown syntax, and the speed of execution. This allows things such as note-taking to be very easy during a lecture. However, additional requirements like this have begun to slow down this process, removing one of the main factors to why I use Trello. I think the idea of allowing an empty category would be highly practical to fixing this issue.  

Like The Creator _1000 likes this
Dale Hans March 11, 2021

"I don't like that I can't put images in my comments of a card." 
I ma
y be misunderstanding you on this but if you add an image file as an Attachment it records it in Comments also.

The Creator _1000 March 15, 2021

I do not want to link the image file as an Attachment, no, I do not like that system. I want to be able to put in image in the comment. As a side note being able to sort Attachments into separate categories could be good. Also what images I put on attachments always seem to replace the current card cover, which is quite annoying and an option to disable that would be a nice addition,

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events