Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Trello Power-Ups

Joe Provenzano April 29, 2019

Wouldn't it be appreciated if we could tell the free power-ups from the non-free?

I like to explore as much as the next person but 5, 14, etc. day trials are a waste of my time. Plus, we need to go through all the steps learning, etc. and it just further turns us off to the whole idea of paying for something - we are used to the mobile model of a lite version and later in life going with the pay version if we find value.

I'm very frustrated with dealing with marketing hooks that don't really work. (I understand the need to pay for good things, our kids need to eat, etc. but that model has been improved by the apps-lite market long ago.)

3 comments

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2019

@Joe Provenzano a good guide for power ups is:

The most useful power ups are those supplied by Trello, not only because of their functionality and the fact that they come with Trello's costs, but also because they're the ones that work on mobile devices (with the exception of Butler card/board buttons which I'm sure they're working on porting to Mobile).

So basically Calendar, Voting, Custom Fields and Butler are the most useful power ups. The Card Aging power up is pretty useful but I don't think that works on mobile.

Everything else I've found to be basically window dressing. The most useful integrations I've used (TimeDoctor and Placker) were actually apps that sat outside of the power up architecture although Placker has also developed a power up.

The power ups I see people comment about most on this community are Unito, Planyway and Big Picture, so you might like to check those out also.

@Jodi LeBlanc wrote an article listing her favourite power ups, and others added comments with theirs:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-articles/My-Love-of-Trello-Power-Ups/ba-p/997970

Like Photoshop3rrr likes this
Katrin Anger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2019

I second @Joe Provenzano  request. It shouldn't be magic to have a marker placed on those Power-ups that are free to use.

Contrary to @Iain Dooley, I do think there are also a few free Power-Ups that are pretty useful. I don't know if they have intentions to make them freemium one day, but Power-Ups like Booklet by Vince or Epics by Screenful are good helper with my daily tasks.

Robin Warren _Blue Cat Reports_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 2, 2022

For anyone looking for a list of all the free power-ups, you can now get that here https://www.bluecatreports.com/free-trello-powerups/

We will keep that updated monthly so it should always be up to date guide to all the free power-ups for Trello

Hope that helps :)

Robin

Like # people like this
Nadja von Massow November 18, 2023

There's no list anymore, sadly. But thanks for the thought.

Robin Warren _Blue Cat Reports_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 20, 2023

@Nadja von Massow The list of all the pups is still there, click on the sections on the right (or below the content on mobile) to see the free pups in each category

Like Nadja von Massow likes this
Nadja von Massow November 20, 2023

Oh, so sorry - completely missed that. Thanks!!

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events