Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Feedback on this POC - Mirroring

Just started on this yesterday to test this concept. Besides labels, I have completed adding and removing of checklists.

I see its application where you need to share a cards with your external party without them seeing the other cards. You move the copy of the card to a separate board and the mirror should work because it is based on card id.

I think the challenge is to handle users changing 'names' like checklist names...to track the mirrored card's checklist id, I will probably have to add a lot more into the dictionary.

This is probably something you have in Unito

https://www.loom.com/share/e6b68fd19cd64d42ad65f809de8fa4d5

Welcome any feedback and or interest.

1 comment

Iain Dooley Community Leader Jul 18, 2021

@milynnus it's a really challenging task to do a good 2 way synch. I've tried it a few times. I think the key is only synching a handful of attributes ... however there is a pending "card link" feature. I'm not sure how it will work in terms of permission though, whether having a link to a card on your board will be sufficient to see and work on the original or you would need to be a member of both boards.

@Iain Dooley 

Working with just a copy of a card on my own board, I am able to get the 2 way sych for labels, due and due completion, all of checklist and checklist items create and updates ...done. Now I am working on Custom Field Items.

Update: CF done. New CF pending. 

The setup is done when creating a copy of the card. Nothing fanciful at this point.

Indeed the are many areas to look into, but I am think of the use case of someone needing to share a card e.g. to a client on a separate board. So comments will be assume to internal and so will card members. 

Comment

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

🏊‍♀️ Atlympic Event: Trello

Hello Community!  Quick disclaimer: We are running a contest on Community (The Atlympics!) from July 23rd - August 8th of 2021. If you are interested in participating in this contest (prizes! ...

119 views 1 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you