Feedback on this POC - Mirroring

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2021

Just started on this yesterday to test this concept. Besides labels, I have completed adding and removing of checklists.

I see its application where you need to share a cards with your external party without them seeing the other cards. You move the copy of the card to a separate board and the mirror should work because it is based on card id.

I think the challenge is to handle users changing 'names' like checklist names...to track the mirrored card's checklist id, I will probably have to add a lot more into the dictionary.

This is probably something you have in Unito

https://www.loom.com/share/e6b68fd19cd64d42ad65f809de8fa4d5

Welcome any feedback and or interest.

1 comment

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 18, 2021

@milynnus it's a really challenging task to do a good 2 way synch. I've tried it a few times. I think the key is only synching a handful of attributes ... however there is a pending "card link" feature. I'm not sure how it will work in terms of permission though, whether having a link to a card on your board will be sufficient to see and work on the original or you would need to be a member of both boards.

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2021

@Iain Dooley 

Working with just a copy of a card on my own board, I am able to get the 2 way sych for labels, due and due completion, all of checklist and checklist items create and updates ...done. Now I am working on Custom Field Items.

Update: CF done. New CF pending. 

The setup is done when creating a copy of the card. Nothing fanciful at this point.

Indeed the are many areas to look into, but I am think of the use case of someone needing to share a card e.g. to a client on a separate board. So comments will be assume to internal and so will card members. 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events