FEATURE REQUEST: Trello Card Description Formatting!

Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 30, 2020

Hello Trello Team,

In a Trello card, we have the option to write a description with some formatting help, But there is some problem arising while decorating.

Few children in my neighborhood using Trello for the last one month after I suggested them to use Trello.

Today they told & shown that they are facing problems with formatting codes in Trello card description. They are just decorating some text not formatting but using codes like ``` ___ ** etc. Changing the formatting of the text but they want to decorate like *```*__Hello__*```*.

So I'm giving some examples below:

t2-2.jpg

t2.jpg

5 comments

alfredbuehler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2020

Please don't! I like it the way it works now. Markup is great!

Like Soumyadeep Mandal likes this
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 31, 2020

Hi @alfredbuehler ,

It was just a suggestion. I was aking to add some more features like this.

Like Shawndra Higgins likes this
Kevin Gerstner May 31, 2020

I was just going to suggest this as well! I like using markdown, but it would be nice to have this as an option too.

Like # people like this
Susanna French August 16, 2021

I definitely want this as an option. If some like markup, great; but the option should be there. I find markup really cumbersome and it would take too much time to add formatted text from emails & docs. I'm using Trello to save time, not add more!

Like # people like this
Shawndra Higgins November 13, 2022

EXACTLY! We're supposed to be SAVING time. Not be forced to become coders. 

Kristi - Accounting October 13, 2022

This is in the formatting help:

Escaping Markdown  - To use the markdown syntax literally, you can escape the formatting using a backslash '\' before the symbols, e.g. \*literal asterisks\*.

Shawndra Higgins November 13, 2022

It's been two years and this feature is still not here? Why? Where's the petition? lol Seriously though, I'd like to suggest Trello to my friends, but I don't want them to have to worry about coding in order to get bold text. 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events