It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage
Highlighted

Engaging Virtual Teams - ice breakers and team building techniques

Jodi LeBlanc Community Leader Nov 07, 2018

I have been teleworking with virtual teams for 3+ years. I recently came across the white board simulator in the Trello inspiration boards and look forward to trying it out.

Do you have any remote team icebreakers or collaborative techniques (and/or team building) you use for engaging teams that you would be willing to share?

1 comment

Hey Jodi! I can share with you some of the boards we use at Trello for engaging our remote team and bringing more interaction between us!

• We had a board where we all uploaded pictures of ourselves with our Halloween costumes, which was awesome!
  • We have a board with my team where we keep recipes and share our favorite dishes with one another
  • We also had a board where we shared pictures of our "Friends and Family Day", a day we're given to spend with our beloved ones

You could maybe create an icebreaker board and link it to a survey you create for your team asking to upload a funny picture, or explain a hidden talent they've got. You can link the survey to your board (using the Typeform Power-Up for example) and then once everyone has submitted their answer, you can make the board team visible and share it with them! Hope that helps :)

Like # people like this
Jodi LeBlanc Community Leader Nov 13, 2018

Hi @Marta Galofre de Alos thank you so much for all these amazing ideas! I can't wait to try them out with my virtual team, it will make such a difference to strengthen relationships from a distance, since we only get to see each other one or twice a year in-person.

Thanks again and have a super day!

Jodi

Like Marta Galofre de Alos likes this

Comment

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,508 views 12 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you