Education

Guido_Romeijn November 27, 2019

We now use Trello as: curriculum design tool, curriculum, moock, scrumboards, collaboration tool, planner, student process portfolio, student level monitor.

We are very interested in improving our systems around learning.

We would like to share our experiences with other schools, however I do think (mabybe I'm mistaken) that we don't share our methods.

Is there a sharing platform for education, can we share templates for education?

If it's not there yet we would like to help making one, we have so many experiences that could work for other schools! We would like to take the lead in it if we would know how. 

4 comments

Torben_trello
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 28, 2019

While we do not have a specific sharing platform, I think the Trello community right here would be a great way to connect with other users from the educational field and to share your experiences.

Guido_Romeijn November 29, 2019

Thanks for the reply,

Sounds like an opportunity to me!
I do think it would help schools and university to share their best practices with Trello.

I will have to think about my next step,

Guido

Michael Brzezowski December 9, 2019

We are using Trello at our school for many things.  

1. We use it on the Tech Team as a "Pull" Kanban board for our tech team.  Student take open jobs and update where the job is in the process.
  2. For creating RTI groups
  3. For classroom writing.  Students progress their card through the writing stages to update the teacher and also each other (to find peer review partners currently on the same step, etc.)
  4. General GTD.

Right now I am fighting my way through trying to setup Butler for onboarding.  I would like to create a card for a new 3rd-4th Student, 5th-8th Student, Teacher, or support staff and then a Butler button or rule to create the required task cards withe the username as a prefix for all that needs to be done (for example, 5-8 students would has tasks such as: New Person add to proper class email group, New Person create IXL account, etc).

So far, I have not been able to get Butler to do what I need though.  I am about to post a help request.

Mike

Technology Integrator/Coordinator

Pemetic Elementary School

Southwest Harbor, Maine

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2020

@Guido_Romeijn Built this in preparation for course to be delivered in October. 🤞also that this can be used for consultancy where there is some methodology and even thesis supervision. Structure allows for adult self directed learning and activities and scheduled instructor led online sessions. https://youtu.be/5I19sLRY2Os

RutherfordSchools March 15, 2021

Trello is a terrific tool for managing and collaborating with team members on work projects and tasks. Visually, Trello's Kanban boards are organizational bliss. You can pack a ton of detail into each card, and they let you know who's working on what, at any given time.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events