Drag&drop URL to create a NORMAL card no longer works (a Link Card is added instead). Frustrating!

Denesa May 12, 2021

Dragging and dropping a URL from a web browser into a Trello list to automatically create a NORMAL card (with a preview image from that URL, and the URL as an attachment with some of the text from that URL automatically dropped into the "Description" section of the card is an extremely important/useful feature of Trello that used to save me heaps of time daily.

Now, thanks to the new Link Cards, this very useful feature has died. When dragging & dropping a URL to the "add another card" section of a list, now a Link card is created, which cannot be changed into a normal card without losing the image from the URL, the text from that website and the URL itself automatically added as an attachment. Now when a Link Card is converted to a Normal Card, it's just a blank card with the URL as the Card's title. USELESS!

This sucks. Please change it back, or give users the option to change it back IMMEDIATELY.

According to Trello's help documentation, there's no way to disable Link cards. Please give us a way to disable Link cards! I can't be the only person who hates not being able to drag & drop a URL to create a normal card with automatically populated image, text and URL as an attachment. That was a big selling point to using Trello in the first place.

4 comments

Ari Adler May 13, 2021

I agree there is a time for using each type of card. Some sort of option to set the default for how dropping a link is handled would be helpful. 

muszol June 6, 2021

YES YES YES singing it with all my paws ✍️✍️✍️✍️

Drag a link -> create miniature in a normal card was a very useful combo!

Like segoz likes this
segoz October 15, 2021

Please add a way to use it like before!!

May be holding Ctrl when dropping the url or something like that would be very usefull!!

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2022

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events