Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting hundreds of tasks into Cards without polluting the Board | Looking for feedback

Boris Detry August 2, 2022

Using the Trello API, we convert tons of tasks into Cards, which could pollute the board. To prevent that from happening I was thinking of two options :

1- Push all the cards to another board and sync the most close-to-date cards with the main Board. 

2- Hide/Unhide cards on the same board depending on the date and the card due date. 

I would like to know if you went through a similar case, what could be another option? 

PS: I rarely work with Trello I may not know all features.

Thank you very much

2 comments

Aiyoku August 2, 2022

If any of the tasks are related to each other or qualify as sub-tasks, adding them to Checklists is another option. Hiding cards can be automated with Butler.

Like Boris Detry likes this
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 2, 2022

Another option is to use the collapsible list chrome extension. So let's say you have all of your "parent" cards in a list called "Projects" and all the "child" cards in a list called "Backlog", you could then minimize the "Backlog" list to reduce clutter. Just note that the extension is just on a per-user basis - so only you will see that list collapsed.

Butler automation could then automatically move cards in the "Backlog" list into an "Upcoming" list when the card is almost due, or you could manage that process manually.

Like Boris Detry likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events