Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collecting Data in a card from Trello and exporting for data mining

Steven Burns July 5, 2022

We use Trello for project tracking and each client had their own board.  I am looking for a solution where I can imbed a form in a Trello card that multiple users can input data to and that data is exported to a common data collection point, such as an excel sheet, so we can data mine inputted data from all boards at one point.  Example: enter a vendor name, and their revenue in a form in a Trello card - once entered updates external excel sheet - data mine sheet.  Any suggestions or solutions you have successfully used?

1 comment

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2022

@Steven Burns you could probably use something like PixieBrix to open a modal whenever a trello card is opened that asks for those two things, then updates custom fields on that card, and then sends that data to google sheet too? Would have to play with it, but i think that might work.

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2022

@Steven Burns yep you can! Just figured it out. Here's a loom showing how to do it. Let me know if that makes sense, or if you need any help configuring!

https://www.loom.com/share/64cb17de45844defa86c2ff4796971ed

Like Michael Mirandi likes this
Steven Burns July 5, 2022

Thank you, it looks like what I am searching for.  I'll need to watch a couple more times, but thank you!

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 5, 2022

@Steven Burns yeah, if you haven't used PixieBrix before there's a bit of a learning curve. But the community is super helpful if you get stuck and i'd be happy to record a slower version with more details on how to set up if you need that! Just let me know!

Like Michael Mirandi likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events