Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basics - Archiving vs. not

Rachel Ernst October 17, 2017

http://help.trello.com/article/786-archiving-lists-deleting-lists

I would have expected the Archived items to show up on a Board called "Archive" and everything be in there.

Deleting items is onerous.  Getting to Archived items is not intuitive.

I will just create my own Archive and just MOVE cards and lists there instead of Archiving-proper.

2 comments

Rachel Ernst October 17, 2017

How is Closing a board different or same from Archiving it?

Devon Henderson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2017

Hello Rachel -

Closing a board is essentially archiving the entire thing at once. It has the same option as archived cards - the ability to open it back up, as well as search by its status as closed/open.

Hope this helps!

Devon Henderson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2017

Hi Rachel!

Archiving is essentially a way to delete without the decision being permanent. You can also exclude or include Archived items in your search, which is nice feature. I agree that it can be confusing, though, since it's not a common feature in project applications!

I actually do similar to what you said - I have a Completed board that I send items I've finished. I actually keep a "Completed - October" type of list on my task board and use Butler to send it to the Completed board at the end of every month (as well as create the list for the new month). I'm happy to walk you through the process if you'd like to set up something similar!

Hope this helps.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events