Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Catalan language

Jordi Cluet i Martinell November 19, 2021

Catalan is a language spoken by more than 10 million people. It is the 13th most spoken language in Europe. It is the official language in Spain and the only official language in Andorra. It is very present on the internet (check, for example, its Wikipedia (ca.wikipedia.org), or Google and Microsoft, which have all their products available in Catalan). It is the language of Catalonia and, therefore, also of Barcelona, one of the most important technological hubs in Europe and the world. I know hundreds of developers, scientists, researchers, creators, and so on that would love to be able to use Trello in their language. That is why also ask you to include Catalan in the list of languages available in the application. I am totally open and willing to collaborate if necessary to make it a reality. Just feel free to contact me, I will be happy to help and tell you more about it.

2 comments

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 19, 2021

So, this has landed in the Atlassian Community, which is not a bad place for it, as we're here to talk about all sorts of stuff, languages for tools included!

But while Atlassian are here, the right ones may not see the conversation.  It would be good if you raised this directly with Trello/Atlassian, as well as here, so the right people get to see it!  Start at https://trello.com/en-GB/contact#/ 

They're always interested in new feature requests, including support for new languages, and not just for Trello, but for Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket etc as well.

Your offer of help making some form of "translation pack" is likely to be very welcome, a lot of the translations Atlassian have available have been done by non-Atlassian volunteers!  (I'm not sure how Trello does it, but Jira and Confluence Server and DC support "language packs" to add translations for the UI)

Like # people like this
Xavier Ferrer July 29, 2022

We are currently working with Jira cloud (SM &SW) at the ISD of the Government of Andorra.

We are suffering this gap.

There is no catalan language available for cloud version.

For us, as oficial country language, and because we are part of the públic administration,  it's a must!

There is a ticket opened to Atlassian support for this request. Please, vote for that ticket.

As many of us that vote for Catalan language the better it will be for all or us and to be implented ASAP.

Thks.

Gràcies a tots per contribuir a tenir Jira en Català.

Like # people like this
Xavier Ferrer July 29, 2022

This is the entre for that request:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-75806

Like # people like this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events