Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Trello Holiday Calendar] Day 9: Save time with Forms for Trello

Thanks to everyone for their posts, especially some great tips on using Butler on day 6, automations are such a powerful part of Trello.

Today I want to save you time getting your cards created in Trello. Whether you are a sales team, an HR team, a marketing team or who knows what else. The first time you see cards getting created automatically from the form you published you're gonna be like

giphy

Sales team? Create a contact form for your website for people to enter their details, they then become a lead on your Trello board.
Content team? Create a form for people to make new content requests.
HR team? Use Trello as a simple applicant tracker with a form for people to apply for open roles.
Help desk team? Use a form for people to create new tickets. Set required fields to be sure people enter the data you need

Let's see how it works

Firstly get the blue cat forms for Trello Power-Up, just add it to the board you want to create a form for.

Drag and drop the fields you want onto the form

c2d13437

You can add your custom fields as well as attachments and labels.

Then publish your form

376f727e

Because the data entered can be stored in custom fields you can make use of Butler automations, Trello exports and other Power-Ups which work with custom fields for things like reports and sending emails

That's all for now, enjoy the rest of your holiday countdown :)

4 comments

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2021

I'm so happy this is available - it always felt like too much work to set up a form in another tool and then integrate it with Trello to create a new card, and now all of that's here out of the box! Love it! I actually use this personally to come up with topics for what i write about on my Trello blog. I have a form people can fill out to submit topic ideas, and then it turns those answers into cards and people can vote on them!

Mark Fowles December 10, 2021

I've used this Power-Up too and it was super easy to get started. Especially being able to just drag a Custom Field onto the form and have new form submission automatically populate the custom field value. We wrote an article just a few weeks ago about how to link a Google form to Trello using Zapier, but this is way simpler! It felt like magic in comparison, so we'll definitely be putting together some new tips about using Blue Cat Forms with Email for Trello. Nice one Robin! 

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 10, 2021

@Mark Fowles 10000% agree - i always felt like having to connect another form tool and Zapier technically _worked_ but this feels so much simpler and smoother in comparison. Already using it on my blog, and I also built a CBT tool that I use to help me with my anxiety (forces me to ask myself questions when I'm getting anxious thoughts). I also think it would actually be a cool idea for a wishlist tool for Christmas presents next year - I'll create a board with a form that accepts a link and a description, then assign it to my mom and leave the board, and ill add all my requests there and she can share with my siblings and they can all decide who is going to get me what!

Svenja Lorenzen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2021

Wow! I didn't know this was possible! 🤯

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events