Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meet Tony Moreno: AUG Leader, Trello enthusiast, and Beerio Kart player

tony_header_smaller.png

In this Showcase you will learn about Tony Moreno's knack for enchanting AUG audiences, organizing Beerio Kart races with Trello, and inventing creatives code names for product releases. Enjoy! 

In a few sentences, describe the path that led you to become an Atlassian User Group leader!
Atlassian has played a major part in transitioning to a project management career, so I shared my learnings with the local Austin AUG. I went to Summit later that year and some of the visiting Atlassians that attended my keynotes remembered me and asked me more about how Atlassian helped me. I informed them how Atlassian tools saved a failing project and opened my eyes to a new career path, and I wanted to give back to the Atlassian Community as a favor. They spoke to Reese and Kelly (AUG Leaders at the time) and funny thing is that they were already going to ask me about being an AUG Leader at the same time! Funny how all things come together.
Tony.png
What is your current role? How does Trello factor into your day-to-day
By day, I am a Project Manager for technology client services agency. Trello helps me manage my personal PM tasks, but the biggest thing is organizing code names of future app releases and sprint names with the team. Our team bonds over code name themes, such as releases named after supervillains, female 90's - 2000's pop songs, and Megaman weapons to make even the most basic project work exciting.

What is the most creative Trello usage you've ever seen?
I used Trello to run a Beer + Mario Kart Tournament (aka Beerio Kart) for a large event here in Austin 2 years ago! From sign-ups to rankings, Trello was utilized to organize people, coordinate colored controllers to Trello Cards, track penalties, and manage the brackets until there was only 1 team winner! 
mario.jpg
How would you describe the Austin Trello event? 
Thirsty for Trello power user knowledge! People felt a lot more comfortable in the Trello specific event to talk about non-standard, creative uses for Trello from all walks of life. There were many new people that I've never seen in our past ATX AUG events! 
Trellotalks.jpg
What is the biggest learning you took away from the Trello event?
Dana's talk about how "Extreme Remote Teams" used Trello for daily work. There are remote teams and then there are EXTREME REMOTE teams 😯 Hear Dana's talk for yourself! 

Describe a special moment from an AUG event past
On our 7th ATX AUG anniversary, @Celina Zamora (Americas Community Manager), gave the AUG Leaders an engraved keg tap: "ATX AUGviversary Cheers to 77-ish Years" We've been around longer than Atlassian has!
kegtap.jpg
What do you like to do for fun? 
Low-Light, Polaroid and music photography, Mario Kart Fridays, and coming up with horrible jokes.

Tag another AUG leader that you think is Showcase worthy! 
@Justin (NC), my brother from another mother!

6 comments

Celina Zamora March 6, 2018

Here's to 77 more! Tony, you truly are a team player and one of the most dedicated Atlassian supporters. Thank you for your dedication and positive energy that you bring to the Atlassian User Group program.

Like # people like this
Danny Zuccaro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 11, 2018

Great write up! Thanks for hosting us at the Austin Team Tour event Tony!

Like Emily Koch likes this
Jon Hamblen September 12, 2019

I'm here for the Beerio Kart.  Would love to see that board!

Ganesh Babu
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2020

Amazing write up, Informative...!!! The most creative usage of  Trello just admired me and made me think more on it...!!!

Emily Koch
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 30, 2020

This is such a fun idea! I hadn't thought of using Trello for event planning! I wonder how the brackets were managed using a board... I'd love to see that board, too!

Like Shawn Kessler likes this
Shawn Kessler
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 4, 2020

One of our Atlassian teammates uses a Trello Board to plan his Thanksgiving dinner each year, and then he posts updates for us on Slack ;)

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events